MoneyWiz for iPad
MoneyWiz for iPhone
MoneyWiz for Mac
Moving to MoneyWiz
If you are using some other finance software, and want to know how to quickly and painlessly move to MoneyWiz, you’re in the right place. We’ve prepared tutorials that explain how to move your data to MoneyWiz.
More articles are coming soon…
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
QIs there a trial/demo version of MoneyWiz?
- No. There is currently no trial/demo version of MoneyWiz. We’ll be releasing one very soon.
QCan I get a refund if I am not happy?
- Yes. Refunds are granted for purchases made in the last 30 days. Please, have in mind that refunds (and any other iTunes Store payments) are handled entirely by Apple Inc., and not by the content providers. So you have to claim your refund with Apple Inc.
You can find step-by-step instructions on how to do this, here.
QIs MoneyWiz a separate purchase for each platform (iPhone, iPad, Mac)?
- Yes. MoneyWiz is available for iPhone, iPad and Mac, and it’s optimised for each of these platforms separately, therefore it’s a separate app and separate purchase for each platform.
QWill MoneyWiz download the transactions automatically from my bank?
- No. MoneyWiz does not currently connect to bank accounts, so you’ll need to either import your transactions from a QIF/OFX file or enter them manually. We’re currently working on implementing the DirectConnect technology which will allow MoneyWiz to connect to banks that support it, but please have in mind that these are mostly banks based in USA and Canada.
QCan I import my data from MS Money, Quicken, iBank or other financial software?
- Yes. MoneyWiz supports import from QFX, OFX and QIF files. The above mentioned applications can export to QIF or OFX, and if you are using other software, please check if you can export your data to QFX, OFX or QIF file. If you can, then you can import it in MoneyWiz.
QAre there versions for Windows or Android?
- MoneyWiz is currently available for iPhone, iPad and Mac OS X. We will be releasing Windows and Android versions in late 2013.
QCan I use the sync feature with someone else, who has a different iTunes account?
- Yes. MoneyWiz uses our own cloud syncing service, called Sync Everything!. It has no connection to iTunes, iCloud, Dropbox or anybody else. Therefore, two people using different iTunes accounts can use Sync Everything! to sync the data between themselves, as long as they use the same Sync Everything! account (created in MoneyWiz).
QDoes MoneyWiz work with Investment/Stock accounts?
- No. We’ll be adding such functionality in the future though.
QDoes MoneyWiz handle checks, check numbers or check books?
- Yes. Since MoneyWiz 1.4.0 you can enable the check-book feature per account. Simply open the respective account’s properties, swipe to the left to reveal the additional account settings, and there you will see the option to enable the check-book feature.
QI want to have local backups. Where is the database file?
- Considering that you’re using MoneyWiz for Mac: open the Finder app on your Mac, and then from the menu on top choose Go -> Go to Folder and enter this path:
Inside this folder you will find a file with .sqlite extension. That’s the MoneyWiz for Mac database file.
If you are using MoneyWiz on iPhone or iPad, then accessing the database is not so easy. Our advise is to backup your device regularly which will backup the MoneyWiz database too.
QWhy some transactions don’t show up in Reports?
- If transactions do not show up in reports, usually the reason is that your transactions are pending, instead of cleared. Pending transactions are indicated with a little red flag on their left side, while cleared/confirmed have a green flag. Tapping on the flag changes its status.
Pending transactions are more for planning purposes…i.e. like virtual transactions. If a transaction really happened you have to clear it. For that reason, pending transactions are not included in reports. There is only one exception, and that’s the Forecast report.
QWhy some transactions don’t show up in Budgets?
- Usually, the reason for a transaction not to appear in a budget is one or more of the following:
- The transaction is not within the time frame that the budget is monitoring. For example, if your budget is set to begin on 01 January 2012, and it repeats each month, transactions that are not within the current month will not be found in the budget, as it automatically restarts each month.
- The transaction is not in a category that the budget monitors. If you use sub-categories, make sure that the budget is monitoring them as well.
- The transaction is made in an account that is not monitored by the budget.
- The transaction is pending (i.e. with a red flag/ribbon on the left). Pending transactions do not go into budgets, as they are considered virtual transactions that have not yet happened.
QSomething’s wrong with the sync…what should I do?
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org from the e-mail address you use for your sync account, and tell us what’s wrong. We’ll resolve it ASAP.
QI can’t enter my Access PIN, MoneyWiz wont accept it?
- Since the MoneyWiz 1.4.0 update we changed the way the PIN Protection works, so pressing Enter after the PIN is typed in, is no longer necessary. This required that we limit the PIN to a particular number of digits, and since the most common format is four digits, that’s the one that we chose.
If your previous PIN was longer than 4 digits, MoneyWiz automatically has trimmed it to the first four digits. If the PIN has been shorter, then simply enter the first digits, just start typing in, and MoneyWiz will unlock.That’s it.
QWhy there’s no running balance for pending transactions?
- Pending transactions can be cancelled or can change their amount. That’s why we don’t show running balance for pending transactions, but only for cleared.
QDo you have URL Schemes for alternative launchers?
- Yes, we do. The schemes apply to both iPhone and iPad and are as follows:
#define LAUNCH_PRO_QUICK_EXPENSE1 @
#define LAUNCH_PRO_QUICK_EXPENSE2 @
#define LAUNCH_PRO_QUICK_INCOME1 @
#define LAUNCH_PRO_QUICK_INCOME2 @
QHow do I make a screenshot on iPad?
- Here’s how: click the link
QWhen I open CSV from MoneyWiz in Excel, the text is garbled, can it be fixed?
- Yes, you can fix this very easily, please check our tutorial for Importing MoneyWiz CSV to Excel here